To everyone who is into nudes and pale colors on their nails, this new O.P.I. collection is for you!
There’s barely any info on this one yet but I have found a few pictures that I can share with you to hold you over for a little while. When there’s new information or swatches I’ll of course make a new post.
Sadly they’re not calling my name, how about you though, do you like them?
This is my current festive manicure, what do you ladies (and possible gentlemen) think of it?
It’s a layer of Sally Hansen’s Triple Strong as a base. Over that I have OPI’s An Affair in Red Square with a little layer of Beyu’s 209 over it for some extra depth. I’ve stamped an all over image with white Konad stamping polish on top of it for some holiday cheer. It’s an image from the BIG SdP K plate. One of the many Dashica Beauty Shop plates that I have. Over that I’ve dabbed some foil glue in the spots where I wanted my rhinestones to be and after putting those on I’ve used Seche Vite topcoat to seal it all. If you have not tried Seche Vite I seriously urge you to try it. It is the best topcoat I’ve tried. It dries gorgeously shiny and fast. And it keeps my manicure going for at least a week if applied correctly.
What do you think? I rarely wear red on my nails so it takes some getting used to for me and I might just switch when it’s Christmas, to something else and more sophisticated like Chanel Graphite. But for now it’s certainly helping me get in the holiday spirit!
Are you wearing any special holiday manicures this year?
Chanel have released the details of their new spring/summer 2012 Les Vernis nail colours, and they of course sound as covetable as ever! And there are not just the three that have already been announced, but also a surprise fourth color!
There were several colours that were featured that have only just been created but were in action at the spring/summer 2012 show earlier during fashion week. One of them was the pearlised white polish that was created especially for the show by Peter Philips; Chanel make-up’s creative director.
In addition to Attraction, spring/summer 2012 brings three new shades named April, May and June.
April is a rich fuchsia, May is a pretty shell pink and June a summery tangerine.
What do you all think of these? And what’s your favorite of the set?
Lionsgate and China Glaze have finally released the official color palette and names from their Hunger Games nail polish collection. “Colours from the Capitol” is inspired solely by Panem’s lavish, beauty-obsessed Capitol. I have not read the books (yet) so it was interesting to read how obsessed with everything the Capitol is in one of the quotes in the press release: “Awash in lavish fashion, food, and entertainment, Capitol citizens enjoy extreme cosmetics and body modifications, bold wigs, and outlandish costumes.”
You’ll see in the photo above that they’ve used the same twelve colors from the original leak and renamed them—and to be honest, I’m quite happy about that because they’ve picked some gorgeous colors for this collection. And look, there even is a flakie it seems!
What’s also cool is that while the colors might be linked to the Capitol, they’re also very clearly influenced by the twelve districts of Panem. Here’s the breakdown:
- Luxe and Lush – District 1 (Luxury)
- Stone Cold – District 2 (Masonry)
- Riveting – District 3 (Technology)
- Hook and Line – District 4 (Fishing)
- Electrify – District 5 (Power)
- Fast Track – District 6 (Transportation)
- Mahogany Magic – District 7 (Lumber)
- Dress Me Up – District 8 (Textiles)
- Harvest Moon – District 9 (Grain)
- Foie Gras – District 10 (Livestock)
- Agro – District 11 (Agriculture)
- Smoke and Ashes – District 12 (Mining)
I’ve got to say I love all the shimmers and creams, I’m not a bit fan of glitter polish but I do like that flakie and would love to see how it layers over the other colors. What do you think of this collection?
Dutch cosmetics brand TEEEZ has recently come out with a wonderful new collection called Boudoir Secrets. And I just have to tell you about it
because not only is this new collection is decorated with a gorgeous print that has gems and cameo jewelry ll over the packaging of the 4 different products. But it also a reminder of the abundance 18th century queen of France Marie Antoinette must have lived in, a rebellious diva who had a passion for the pleasures in life. I love that, the opulence of that time and the sultry style of this collection make a gorgeous combination that I just have to share with you all.
The Boudoir Secrets collection consists of a Bold Eyeliner Pencil, French Kiss Lip Gelée, Boudoir Mascara and of course Couture Nail Lacquer. Renewed formulas, seductive colors and unique packaging make this collection to a serious must have for a sensual and elegant look this holiday season.
Now I wouldn’t have a nail blog if I didn’t want to share the lovely set of 8 new polish colors with you. This set of nail lacquers has 4 rich colors and 4 lovely more muted pastels as you can see on the picture below:
The Couture Nail Lacquers one by one:
- First in the set is Femme Fatale 09, which seems to be a re-release that first was a bit more red but has now morphed into a creamy pink color.
- After that we have Smooth 08 which is not to be confused with the holo lacquer they have called Smooth 01! This seems to be a pink colored cream.
- Outta control 07 is my favorite color of them all, and I’m sure you can guess why, yep it’s a lovely violet cream.
- Icy 02 is a semi transparent lacquer with ultra fine pearl particles. It makes the surface of your nails very smooth, leaving a soft layer like Gel Nails, for an elegant finish.
- Rebel 12 is a gorgeous coral that is sure to look beautiful on your nails during these cool winter days where you need a bit of warmth in your color palette.
- Gutsy 05 can only be described as a rich salmon pink cream that is just a bit darker than a nude but certainly looks to be a nice neutral color to wear.
- Cool 04 is a very soft light baby blue, a color that not everyone can rock but if you can I’m sure it will quickly become one of your favorites.
- And last but not least Free 06, a nice khaki color that is right in between an army green and a grey.
All of these powerful pastels have been directly translated from the latest catwalk trends. And with this new collection Teeez is also introducing an unique formulation: the lacquers leave a thick but smooth layer on the nails, which almost like a Gel Nail effect. They apply thick but are said to be quick drying and will last up to 5 days without chipping! I will of course test this out as soon as I get my hands on one of these.
The polishes are Big 3 Free (free from hazardous ingredients dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde) by they way and have a thick flat brush.
Another wonderful bit of info is that they are fragrance free: therefore suitable for people with a sensitive skin. And one last bit of info but to me one of the most important things is that they have not been tested on animals.
If you want to find out more about this particular brand just visit their website at http://www.teeez.eu, you can also use the site look up if there’s a store that sells Teeez near you!
Are you interested in this new collection or will you be skipping this one? If so, why?